Mediatalk

When you see your average news channel sporting another story about yet another kid stuck deep inside a trench and families across the country praying for his safe return (probably the same families who were, sometime back, praying for Sunita Williams' safe return), you can do little but surf away. You can also wonder whether the channel threw him in deliberately, or he just jumped in for his fifteen HOURS (these channels..) of fame, but I'd suggest you indulge in tasks more productive, like sleeping and eating. My sister begs to differ. I catch her sometime later, narrating the story of a young girl claiming to be Kalpana Chawla's rebirth (IBN 7).

Making the HT front page is the sequence of a robbery-cum-shootout that takes place on the Noida highway. These newspaper guys can never be far behind. I remember when a brother shot a brother in my neighborhood, years ago. Even Suhaib Ilyasi (India's most wanted host-turned-subject) refused to turn up. Had journalists been as 'free' as they are today, I would have been on TV, probably praying for a safe ascent to heaven for the deceased. Maybe I'll just jump into a well.

In other news: After the raging failure of the anti-reservation campaign, Indian doctors discover yet another thing they suck at. We can't blame them though, juggling the medical profession and a career in terrorism can sometimes be stressful.

Has somebody seen the following ad? Isn't that the most intelligent stuff you've ever seen? I mean, of course, if your kids aren't watching.




Here's a link to the video, if you please (you can also find big posters on metro stations)

This would be Amul Macho, the briefs. And they're going to sell a lot.

Am I the only one to notice how overemphasized this woman's sindur and mangalsutra seem to be? (the posters give it out easier) I think the message is clear: our underwear's good for sex, but we're not touching tradition. I hope the makers will gain good popularity amongst their target audience, which I would expect to be spread somewhere in and around UP/Bihar.

From the milk revolution to kinky underwear, Amul has come a long way. And if you know what I mean, it really hasn't :)

Can someone give me the name of this model?

No comments: