Two o clock and I find myself in scorching heat outside DLF building, CP. Internet's practically brought every damned airline to my chair (my precious computer chair), yet I decide to visit each office to make my decision.

My decision to fly to Sacramento, August last week, Economy. Minimum stops please.


Enter Emirates. Exactly what I imagine the UAE Embassy to look like. Pin drop silence and not a particle of dust. A long row of about ten attendant seats, five empty. Two male attendants who couldn't stop arguing whether its possible to connect X through Y, and a female (dressed as an Arab air hostess) who wouldn't listen to me unless I took a number, on an empty queue. And so I did, and was finally allowed an appointment. She continued showing enthusiasm by offering the following on my trip:-

- double the fare, without taxes
- 5 stop itineraries including:
- an overnight stop-over at Dubai, at my expense

Exit Emirates.


I've heard Virgin Atlantic's Kingfisher of the world (should be the other way round actually), so I enter the place in anticipation of a few beautiful faces and legs. I'm greeted, however, by the first quadruple chin I've ever seen, and legs so hairy a gorilla might fall in love. And they throw me out like an old handkerchief, offering little more than half-a-flight with an overnight connection.


Lufthansa was well behaved. Slightly expensive, and could have wrapped up things a lot faster had there been more than one attendant (who repeatedly called up and scolded both Jyoti and Puja for not paying Anju's Hutch Bill). The fare went slightly reasonable.

JAL was the worst. Refused to answer any questions about any flights. Sad, dirty office with an aching AC.

Asiana bagged the award, mostly for their work. They were reasonable. The attendant (a female with her daddy waiting outside) mapped out my journey clearly without me asking, making relevant suggestions at several occasions. She commanded a funny grammar and loved the word 'rather'.

Rather I should finish now. G'nite.

No comments: