
Anyhow. Today.
Today was not usual.
Saturdays are never usual. It might have something to do with their strategic placement between the end of one week and the start of another, but whatever it is, they happen to always surprise me with the sequence of events they hold for me, which somehow never repeats. Saturday is a day of firsts.
I usually leave for home on saturdays. The journey spanning a maximum of 2 hrs on the worst of days, I usually reach on a saturday too. My college closes on Friday but I never get to go home right then. It kills friday evenings and subsequent friday nights, which although anyway have no importance in my life currently, make me sad when killed. Hence on every friday evening I plan to leave for home the following morning.
Now there's the catch. Friday evenings and subsequent friday nights hold no importance for me, so I don't really give a rat's behind as to what I do. There's always a saturday following up for me to catch up on things. Hence for once every week, I take my eyes off the clock and do whatever I like without taking my eyes back to where they belong. Its mostly never beyond some movie, some collection of episodes (Scrubs and Seinfeld exclusively), or something that amounts to nothing when I look back at my friday nights. Its usually the third. Maybe that's why friday evenings and subsequent nights are so special.
Special nights extend. They keep extending until one of your mind or your body gives up. And then you wake up with lights in their full glory and no recollection whatsoever of how and when you let yourself go. For the record I do not drink. But if you do the situation could be a lot worse. For me its almost always the body that gives up.
I woke up today with lights in their full glory and no recollection whatsoever of how and when I let myself go. As it turned out later after close inspection of the proceedings of the day past, I had attended a quizzing event in the evening that extended well into the subsequent night, and when I got back after a midnight dinner and started to do some work that deserved being done so well it was on its knees, I "fell" asleep.
That also explains why the music was playing so loud when I was sleeping.
I woke up to no alarm. I set no alarms for Saturdays. I have a story on my recently developed and mastered immunity to alarms of all sizes, pitch and volume, but that can come later.
I got a call. A call totally unrelated to any event concerning me during the past month.
Interesting how I can wake up to calls and not alarms.
Anyway, its today and I'm awake. Sadly I feel I could sleep another century before life's vital processes get back into action doing whatever they do. Again, instead of coming to senses and getting back to the sack, I got out of the bed. I think I speak for entire humanity when I say its stupid to get out of bed if there's even a remote chance you can delay it. That's why they invented the "snooze", which in my most humble opinion is THE most thoughtful invention of all time. After the clock. Maybe.
I got out of bed to switch off the fuxing music, which although awesome in content, was driving me mad in my sleep.
And then I noticed those unseen episodes of Scrubs lying casually on my hard drive. I don't let opportunities go away that easily, and referring to two paragraphs above I am also conclusively stupid, so I put 'em on as I got back inside the covers for a lazy morning full of awesome humour and general laziness.
I never explained why I'm not hurrying for home currently. Its not that at this point on Saturdays I'm hurrying for home, because it is so fuxing early for that, but there's a different reason for today. I happen to have agreed to be the mouth for my friend in some exceedingly academic meeting comprising of students and professors sitting in an enclosure for hours faking every minute that they actually mean something when they say it, and that they give a damn about whatever the context happens to be. What I mean by the previous sentence is, its a normal meeting.
Its sadly at 4. Currently its merely 9:30. 10 maybe. Basically too early. My neck's hurting. I've seen a lot of medical comedy.
Soon, its lunchtime. I brush and eat what can only be successfully described as a collection of hand-picked items from the area-51 garbage dump. I pay for this thing man. Seriously not done. At least there was butter to go with the crap.
Someone (my EDLC rep) calls me. I know what its about and its killing me even before I pick it up. I know what's going to happen. He's going to talk me into the event that's supposed to take place tonight. I'm not going to be able to say no.
I pick up and start getting talked into the thing. Soon I'm in it like anything.
This is all on my from lunch to my room. Someone tells me there's an oil painting for a fac event that needs to be finished.
I was supposed to go home what the fox.
On my what is left of the way to my room I realise its not really important to go for things to do for today #1, which is the lame meeting. That friend of mine has another friend of mine willing to do that too. Incidentally I think I was a backup in the whole thing. I call him and make amends on the situation by backing out of the thing.
My EDLC rep informs me of complications his part of the plan. I have no teammates for things like dumcharads and other things of similar content and significance. I express my apologies as the situation does not demand any care from my side whatsoever. Someone's already on the fac thing too.
Seems I can go home now. I warn your emerging jubilation here as its already past 3 which means I wasted the day doing just about nothing. I must go home soon. But, to satisfy my guilt before I do, I must do something productive.
I take out my mini project stuff and carry out on it something I've been wanting to do for sometime now. Wait. An important part of the hardware (the IR tower if you wish to know) is missing. This is hell you know. My guide warned me against issuing the thing for precisely this reason. Knowing I'm most definitely screwed, I realise I might just have left it in my lab.
20 minutes later I'm back in my room with the adandoned IR tower safe in my hand. I do what I had planned on it and soon am ready to pack my bags for home.
The ride home was uneventful. I got to be on a new mega-high-capacity bus for a part of it, on a roller coaster of a public transport for the other part.
And I reached home and I'm bored now.
Bye bye.
1 comment:
i wish i had had your saturday.. i did end up going to the meeting.. also the event...no home for me that means.. i am jealous of you lucky bast**d
Post a Comment