That head would be mine



Not nurse porn.

With what is happening in this pic I've covered another from my "things to do" in life. I have officially been taken to an emergency room in AIIMS. That's my eye receiving saline irrigation there.

This happened yesterday. I was generally playing around with feviqwik in my room. For the uninitiated, feviqwik happens to be a dangerous fast acting adhesive that sticks the toughest of objects together within seconds. This can lead to dangerous possibilities, one of which I discovered yesterday. It has an interesting property of being highly attractive towards sensitive body organs, like the eyes.

So I was generally pasting stuff using a feviqwik tube which was shaped like a toothpaste, but with an exceedingly sharp nozzle. At a particular point pressing the body stopped helping my cause. I pressed and no feviqwik came out. This is normal for a dangerous adhesive, it tends to accumulate near and block the opening of the container.

If you think at this moment I tried to take a look a the nozzle and in the attempt poured the contents onto my cornea, you are wrong. I just pressed harder for the damned thing to emerge, when it eventually did, only somehow in a direction opposite to what was originally planned and expected.

The result, within seconds I had my eyes and my face covered with a warm liquid that I could feel was tightening and settling as it was supposed to. Then I ran. Ran for the wash basin to clean out whatever's possible with water. I could feel my inability to open my eyelids while I was running. My hands came to an immediate aid forcing them apart.

Soon I was freshly out of AIIMS, a few eyelashes short and 2 eye drops richer. I could, thankfully, see clearly. All three dimensions, too.

* I came out of the emergency room pretending to be crying of pain in my right eye, an act where my friend played along. Horrified people look awesome.

* All nurses I saw were from different parts of east and south east asia.

* My doctor was in all probability an intern.

* That nurse in the picture passed water through my right eye for 10 minutes. I've never felt funnier.

* There's something called Cobalt a blue test that can measure one's Cornea's clarity. I scored an awesome 4+ on that.

* My family thinks something went wrong on my hand.

* I was taken in an ambulance. For the first time. Sadly, no funky sirens.

* Five minutes ago, my nose started bleeding. Bad, bad week.

No comments: