I was thinking.
I was pondering over the very existence of humanity, and the answer to life, the universe and everything. Naah, just kidding, I don't think much.
Anyway, I screwed up two exams today. Which has become so routine its trivial(also, redundant) now.
Lets come to the point. Delhi, that is where I am, experienced an earthquake today, which happens to be a part of a major earthquake somewhere near Islamabad in Pakistan. Here it was about 7.4 on the Richter scale I'm told. Which is big.
It happened at sometime around 9:25 am. My first exam today was at 9:30.
The scene is something like this. We are all inside(/outside/on the way to) the exam venue, which happens to be on the third floor of a building which is supposedly so fragile heavy machinery operation is strictly prohibited there. Anyway, sometime around that time everything starts shaking. Everybody, I really mean it, everybody notices something. People come out of classes to observe/escape it. People notice projectors moving. They see windows shaking. A staircase somewhere's swinging. The vibrations are more than just feeble and everyone can feel it. I, on the other hand, ignorant of the entire world around me, am waiting for the answersheet, simultaneously trying not to forget the differential equation representing the horizontal electric field in a wave-guide. People are contemplating whether to get the hell out of the building or to stay for the exam. I'm counting my pens. People are scared. I'm looking for a better seat near a fan. It lasts minutes. I do not notice anything. Not done.
I've never felt an earthquake and I think there's something wrong. I'm deficient on some earthquake-identification hormone I think. Its so damn stupid hearing everybody add a piece to the whole incident, wondering all the time what the hell you were doing when this happened.
Damn.
Blah.
No comments:
Post a Comment