Do not try this at home

I found out last weekend sisters don't really dig rakshabandhan pranks.

Something in me on my way home (on Rakhi evening) makes me message my dear elder sister the following:
Yaar
There is some problem here. I was leaving for home when
I was called for this student council meeting. Can't make it today.
Will call in 1 hr.
A student council meeting.
Will call in 1 hour.
See how well-crafted and convincing....

I'm going to reach home in another 20 minutes when I send this. I do not expect the Patneypuff girls (thanks to Reshma Sanyal for this nomenclature) to fall for this. They're pretty intelligent and they know me.

But what I don't get is the fact that this is Rakhi and they are sisters. And they've been waiting the whole day for a sight of their loving brother, all ready with the teeka and stuff that mark this precious occasion. That's bad when the brother happens to be as mean as I happen to be. So I land home in the brightest of spirits, expecting two souls to jump with exhileration at the sight of their only brother. The door opens and I see 3 people in total. Mom and two sisters. Crying. Dad's least concerned.

They see me. While my elder sister's tears intensify almost instantly, the younger quickly turns into a raging [insert the fiercest animal according to you here] all ready to tear me into bits and pieces of me. Mom understands easily, since she's mom, not a sis. Dad's least concerned. He rocks.

And thus starts the "kill anjul" routine, where I continuously receive a beating I'm never supposed to forget.


One hour and I get things back to normal. Threatened, beaten(physically), and emotionally blackmailed, I apologize one last time and we get ready for the ceremony. When I realise I was supposed to get gifts. Crap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today and will definately be back to watch it grow.
Debt Consolidation

Phoenix said...

U deserve it actually...had my bro turned up pn rakhi only in the evenin, that too late, and that too without gifts, he's have got lots more than this, though in my case only the next day..I pamper my bro on rakhi a lot:D

RS said...

Awww, so cute they are :-)

RS said...

exhileration - Wrong Spelling.

So much trouble you give me, just so much trouble!

AP said...

Tushar - Saala sentibaaz

Pradyot - Naah, they were very professional. The deal being I get my freedom at my first bruise/cut/stab/shot

Phoenix - This one bro-one sis thing actually helps here, coz none of you can team up against the other.

RS - X-|