Poetry Lecture

I had a poetry lecture today. It was the first poetry lecture of the course I'm doing on Indian poetry. The poetry lecture was boring. The poetry lecture had a lady professor who talked(mostly) about how we should only do things we enjoy and in case we didn't enjoy poetry we should not attend the poetry lecture and drop the course (on Indian poetry). I will need to attend another poetry lecture to ensure I can stand poetry.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask her if you enjoy bunking classes would she let you do that?

AP said...

I've heard there are little attendance based troubles in this course and the workload is decent too.

RS said...

Poetry lecture? Indian poetry? Where does this fit into EE @ IIT?

What kind of syllabus do you have?

Anonymous said...

That's why they say choose ur hukka judiciously.

Kallury won't crib for attendance yar, but grades mein thodifighter hai. Patney tera ikka to gaya...talking from experience.

Ghate, stick to ur second thoughts dude

AP said...

Reshma - We need to do at least four humanitites courses as a compulsion. This is one of them. Remember I've done psychology and philosophy before.

Anonymous - Who are you?

RS said...

No I don't remember you've done psychology or philosophy. All this is news to me. What was your curriculum in those?

The Reader said...

What course is this ? As in, course title.

Anonymous said...

I learnt to really love poetry through a yahoogroup called Minstrels, which has been sending me a few poems every week for a long time now. The junta in charge have a common IIT background and their sensibilities match mine to an amazing extent. And the commentary along with the poem truly enriches the whole experience... Dont quite know about Indian poetry, though I quite like AK Ramanujan and Vikram Seth. You doing any of their poems?

AP said...

Rustagi - HUL240 (Indian Poetry)

Keerthi - I'll see what poets they're gonna teach us.

AP said...

I might get my course changed.

feignman said...

dont drop it. as and when u attend the lectures just keep you eyes and ears off her. you will do fine..