With two days into the new semester, I realized I've become a third-yearite. Which means I have already spent two years loathing my college as one of the juniors, and now I'm going to loathe it as a senior, with lesser energy and attention. Two more years.
Off to interesting things.
I'm playing Grand Theft Auto - Vice City these days. The fourth masterpiece in this series by Rockstar Games, rocks. Honestly, who wouldn't love a game where you as a player can...
- Rob or kill almost everybody?
- Drive about 100 different vehicles across a city, including boats, cars, trucks, bikes, scooters, even tanks?
- Procure all kinds of weapons from golf-clubs to bazookas?
- Perform insane stunts with your vehicle, and get money for that?
- Attempt a huge number of missions which earn you money?
- Get prostitutes in your car and be charged money for that?
- Listen to car radio with more than five different stations?
- Blow vehicles up?
- Shoot at Police?
- Never die?
No one.
You advance the game by finishing missions you keep getting offered as you proceed. The good thing being, you need not be on one all the time. You might just want to explore the city, earn some money as a taxi driver or a medic or even a vigilante, or just bash up some people to steal their money/weapons. The missions are awesome in themselves too. I've completed more than 30 till now, all of them uniquely different. I never knew how much fun it could be to be paid for killing someone's wife or stealing a fast boat or following some Don to his hideout. Violence rocks.

PS. GTA San Andreas is out and rocking already. A 4 GB bloatware, apparently this game has some sex scenes too (yay).
I just got my hands on this, something I've been hunting for a long time.
Song: System on a down - B.Y.O.B
7 comments:
the sex scenes arent nething gr8 ...
i mean who'd want to watch 3d models making out ...
Ok. Let me clarify this.
Firstly Pradyot, how many 3D games have you seen that involve sex scenes? If its more than one forgive me for this explanation. Because I haven't yet and I'd like to satisfy my curiosity. And trust me on this, arousal is not what I'm looking for.
a) I know all about those gigs. And I didn't need interaction for that.
b) Please elaborate Pradyot, why should geeks find 3D models attractive?
Personally, I think a 3D model can be made to look attractive if its ray-traced and in proportion.
(example(not explicit, but click at your own discretion))
PS. The sex scene in GTA San Andreas has seen a lot of controversy. Rockstar games had to change its rating from mature to adult because of that. That is one more reason to try it, basically see what it is.
PS, PS. I checked out GTASA screenshots and they are awful, but hilariously funny.
Stumbled upon ur blog,interesting posts..
Anjulpa,
Have you tried the small-font-for-bigger-post attempted optical illusion again?
"Honestly, who wouldn't love a game where you as a player can...
- Rob or kill almost everybody?
..
...
..
No one."
umm.. Mother Teresa??
My bet is Mother Teresa would have loved this game.
In fact, I think she would have recommended it for criminals to vent out their frustrations by mass killings/robberies in this virtual city.
Play a 3D girl demo (check http://www.nvidia.com) on a GeForce 6800 (costs well under 20k) and you won't need the supercomputers moviemakers use. Check out their videos if you want confirmation without spending that much.
Post a Comment