A good blog. Anyway,
[Not for the faint of the heart, or brain]
Scene 1:
A girl, 8 years old, playing in the park. She is alone. Her best friend and neighbour, Sally has gone out of town for two days. Who is, in fact, her only friend. She misses her. She gets bored with the swings easily, no one to play with. She looks around for some signs of recognition. It is nevertheless the same park she plays in every evening. But oddly, it seems alien to her. Without Sally it is not the same park anymore. Traces of fear and nausea develop.
Just then, a man, an old man, appears in the park. He looks at the lonely girl. A glance tells him all he needs to know. The girl looks at him. They do not know each other. But the eye-contact overcomes that barrier in a millisecond. The girl knows that the man is not very different from her. She is not alone anymore. She smiles. The man goes up to her and holds his hand out. The girl gladly takes it. The man smiles. A faint smile of satisfaction. The same smile that's going to visit him hours later, when he throws the body of the girl down the cliff, raped and murdered.
Scene 2:
Joey is happy. Days of pleading and sucking up and his parents finally gave in. He is getting a goldfish. Yes, a real goldfish. That's all he's wanted for years. Why of course, Ted has one, even Sarah used to have it. But he knows one thing. That this is the only gift he is going to get for a long time to come. His dad do not earn as much as Ted's or Sarah's. But he needs it so badly. He must have it. Now, outside the pet shop, in his hands, his own goldfish, his new best friend. He decides to call it Ed. He tells his dad, with a proud smile. That's all the man needs to justify this extravaganza - his son's satisfaction. He calls a cab to take them home, not knowing that this is the car that's going to fall off the main city bridge 12 minutes later, killing both passengers and the driver.
Moral of the stories: Anjul does not know how to write.
For all those who somehow intend to visit this blog in future, in hopes of some sanity or proper insanity, or even for the sake of pity, you might want to change your mind, because I might start doing poetry, taken literally.
(get the joke?)
BTW check this link out. It is the official source for the phrase: "All your base are belong to us", quite common in the geek lingo, originating from an old english translation of a japanese cult game. A bad english translation. Whatever.
18 comments:
Scene 3:
I sit down peacefully in front of my monitor screen. The lights in the room are turned off. The monitor light seems to be the only illuminating agent. Peace....tranquility. A perfect situation to write a typical O.Henry type story. "Oh! I'd been thinking of this for so much time now" I think.
I scratch my head, type-in something, then again scratch my head, this time with more effort. Suddenly, I get THAT FEEL, not realizing that a man some 10 miles away from had the SAME FEEL, some 5 or 6 hours before he was beaten to death by an angry mob that turned up after reading his blog
How will this world tolerate so many O.Henries
*looks out of the window, waiting for an alien spaceship to come and take him away*
I had cut down scene 3 which involved me getting all the crap for writing this. I wrote this only to follow suit of the O Henrys out there.
And who are you to comment on this? You were the second one yourself.
May the spaceship arrive early.
you think you can be lamer than me ?
ha ha
ha ha
andy dekh to!
I couldn't imagine being lamer than you, oh humble master of all lame people in and outside this world....
oye
You ppl have psyched me. I think I'll post more of this crap from now on, so get used to it. Or else.
how could you kill a gal of 8!!
One thing Pradyot, did you wonder how old late Joey was? He was six.
He died too. But is it the fact that its a girl, or that the age was mentioned, or the difference in the nature of these two deaths that make you pity the girl, whose name I chose not to mention, more than the boy?
this is addictive
Ok I'm not addicted or anything just wanted to show other examples of how the surprise element can be exploited.
"... how the surprise element can be exploited."
hmmmm... surely do that
but c one thin that the story moves at a uniform pace thruout...
eg story
He was a brave 35-year-old guy who took everything seriously in life. He was sitting and watching TV in his room when his 9 yr old daugther came in with her boyfriend who was 11.
Boyfriend said "sir.. I love your daughter"
"Son! I have to tell you ...."
"How dare you call me SON! I'm your bloody son-in-law"
"Oh! Im so sorry"
Some years later he turned 70 and died of heart attack.
see the velocity pulse ???
(but good surprise na ? )
This is how you should not write.
lol... that's a funny one, and good expression. But see what I was planning was more like zor ka jhatka, dheere se lage, yours was more a dheere ka jhatka dheere se lage.
Jokes apart, I specifically intended in keeping a uniform pace till the end, not to flash the surprise too much. Too bad it does not appeal to you, or anyone for that matter, but it brings me the chills.
The other way sounds too cliche'd.
Too bad it does not appeal to you
Nono! it appealed 'howzzat' and I gave 'out'.
ha ha
ha ha
im the lamest
ha ha
ha ha
I saw that coming.
You're annoying, for a change.
ha ha
ha ha
im the lamest
ha ha
ha ha
Do this in the shoutbox dude.
I suppose should leave a comment. So here - thanks for putting the Cool tag against my name in your Blogroll.
the first one was nice, didn't like the second one. but u shd've had a twist maybe. i mean, knowing u, it wd've been twist enough had the old man turned out to be the grandfather come to take the granddaughter home from the park.
those creatures that lurk in the mind are not to be described in words..and if you do, dont expect everyone to recognize them, coz not all are familiar with those demons
amol
I'm terribly happy that you got the idea. Do I know you?
Post a Comment