Exam: Philosophy Major
Time to prepare(hrs): 024.00
No. of handouts: 017Average no. of pages per handout: 015
Average time per page (minutes): 015
Expected time for preparation(hrs): 063.75
Other commitments: quake, sleep, food, Bakaiti (with capital B)
Let me say that again
Screwed.
Ha.
I can say 'ha' coz i'm on the other side of the 24 hrs. Also since exam went ok, somehow. I'm off philosophy for good now, at least as a course.
But those 24 hrs, *insert sigh of relief here*
Good bye Sanil, I won't be missing you.
PS. >90% of the class loved the course. So, don't take my opinion on Sanil.
Imagine him getting hold of this blog before the grades are up. I can say it again
Screwed.
**
A humanity exam at IIT demands much more than knowledge and writing skills, patience. Patience to be able to write it all, rather "puke" it all. Patience to fight all temptations to get up and just leave the freaking place. Patience to sit 2 hrs thinking of diplomatic words and sentences. Same thing everytime, psycho ho ya philo.
Its one hell of an experience I tell you. vaat lag jaati hai.
Plus, you get to know how low you can stoop in terms of handwriting.
When wherever you've written "fact" looks more like you-know-what....
hehe.
For your daily dose of nasty humour
I'm taking poetry as a humanities course next sem, so lets do some preliminary home work. Like this kickass sponti method to make a poem (that doesnt necessarily rhyme) which simply rocks:
Step 1. Write a couple of sentences with senti stuff all over and preferably heavy words.
Step 2. Split.
That's it. You got yourself a poem. But not a grade.
Lets take an example.
Disclaimer: This is just humour. I'm not a good poet and I do not write poems this way, but this is in no way to insult the better poets out there.
Step 1. A senti sentence
I shut my ears tight to the deafening silence that holds me each night. I force my mind to come to terms with the agony and pain, my heart burning inside.
Notice how I've taken sad words and placed them all over. I've even attempted to rhyme things.
Step 2. Split
Now this can be tricky. The best method is to try and follow a scheme for the no. of syllables per sentence. It might not be perfect each time, and then the poem might sound awkward, but this is just the first tutorial, rearrange, add and drop words to fit everything in. Lets see what I got..
I shut my ears tight
to the deafening silence
that holds me each night.
I force my mind
to come to terms
with the agony and pain,
my heart burning inside.
Now, its awful but its even my first attempt, trust me.
Over it you can sprinkle cool poetic stuff like alliterations, metaphors and what not, but if you can get it to rhyme its great. Remember, if you try to to rhyme it the syllables restriction becomes much more strict.
You need not have a senti sentence everytime. Just open any random website and take any long text from it. Now do the same, split. I've tried and it works.
Thank you for sticking by this,...erm...this.. crap. Oh well, I said it. So what? I'll say it 10 more times: crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. Shoot me.
11 comments:
1. I WOULD have switched off my brains, if only you hadn't eaten them.
2. I dunno WHY, but I have an inkling that you're gonna have a tough time with your poetry hukka next sem :)... maybe you should consider my globalisation hukka... since it seems to me that you're pretty confident about your crapping skills.
3. I don't know WHY, but I can't get myself to write vicious comments on your blog... sigh...
1. Well, its like, if you got brains, switch them off, if not, just go on, its most likely meant for you
2. As I already said, that's NOT the way I'd write poems. This is the Sponti-Sponti-Poetry-Tutorial, i.e. even the tutorial is a sponti
3. You know where to go when you need to manifest your wicked imagination. Honestly speaking you're pretty good at that.
U stupid guy..u wanna take my job by giving all lecs and tutorials here only.
Wait till I give u an F next sem.
and then u'll remember only three words.
Crap.
Screwed.
Split.
thats what u get or threatening MY job
uff yeh prof.,
blog par bhi peechha nahin chhodte.
I can almost see Sanil accidently landing up here.... the silent expression on his face while he tries to count the number of times i called him whatever i did, the evil smile on his face that you see only on cartoon villains when he's putting on an f against my name, standing not for fail but for something else...
you sound realllyyy frustrated-
;)
anyhow dude-;) its just been 10 days since i stopped posting- abhi poora next week bhee hai- and then inshallah will become regular again-
too busy being kAy the Filmmaker rather than kAy the blogger.;)
thanks for all the compliments- :)
really sorry ppl, that anonymous was me ;)
'Hukka' is the informal term for humanities courses here at iitd, which happen to be coded as HUxxx (now-a-days HULxxx)
Just a continuation of ikka (grade A), bikka (grade B), ... fukka (grade F)
*in shock*
u jst gave away my whole poetry writing secret!! :P
Man, that's iitd for you!
Anyways I didn't invent the lingo. It was probably our current faculty that did. Its really innovative how I managed to blame them for something like this too!
btw grade C is called sikka (coin) X-o
Nah dude, poetry is still an art, and no algorithm can ever cover it, especially poems like those of yours
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE UR POEM AND UR METHOD...
SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment