![]() | ![]() |
1740 hrs Control exam ends. Goes Ok. Rajani calls. Some problem with Sanil's assignment 1. Apparently I've not been marked on that. First thoughts, crap. I go call Sanil, and convince him that I did actually submit that assignment, and that he should look for it. If he doesn't find it I'll have to resubmit. I guess the goodbye came a little too early..hehe.
1815 hrs We end up at Barista. Unlike me and Tushar others don't have a careless assignment-misplacing philosophy professor, so they're already there and halfway through with the first round of Pictionary. And I don't have cash. Shit.
2130 hrs The game gets too long and we just kick it aside and leave. I have these two movies I really wanna watch and I get on to them as soon as I get back. I start with Requiem for a dream. 10 minutes into the movie, Pappu joins in. 15 mins later Abhimanyu.
0000 hrs The movie has ended and everybody's out. I quickly find some time to check blogs and update my template will cool animated gif images. I then start off with h2g2. Alone.
0200 hrs After about two 2 minute naps between this movie I decide something needs to be done. Two minutes remind me of maggi, and nescafe. Sharad's watching Hitch, but he comes along.
0300 hrs The movie ends and I sleep.
Ok now on with the movies.
First up, Requiem for a Dream. Very very popular movie, and very different from others. If you wanna watch it, be sure you can.
About four people who literally destroy their lives when their need for dope gets over them. Starts off simple but slowly separates into four parallel stories.
I neither have the time nor the brains to write a review, so I'll just say its a good movie and I liked it.
Next, The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. For a person who loves the book, a bad print is never an excuse.
Still I think a good print wouldn't have made the movie any better. Maybe I was expecting a little too much. An when you come to think of it, its actually stupid to attempt to make a movie out of such a novel. If you've read it you'll understand. What do they have next in mind, a movie on Catch-22 ? Fountainhead ? They are already making one on The Da Vinci Code.
I'm going to think twice before watching those.
![]() | ![]() |
Before I say goodbye, sample this:

I always had a feeling exploding toilets are not exactly the thing of the future.
Ciao
Song: Pearl Jam - Even Flow




3 comments:
@madiha: exams not over yet, but i got a 3 day breather, and it would have been a shame to miss such an opportunity.....anyways no i won't go home, even if i do i can be blogging from there too!
@pradyot: the author is not arthur, it douglas adams. i think that was a typo. anyway the reason why i think it was not funny was probably because the trie to stick to the book too much. this is again because douglas adams himself has done the screenplay. the dialogues are usually straight out of the book. thats not how movies shd be made.....
ok so i finally did write a review.
do any of u ppl use exploding toilets?
We sometimes wish WE explode seeing the condition of toilets in our hostel, especially these days when water is short X-(
No inclinations to drink from them still.
That's another way to look at it....
Nice you mentioned that song. Its so awful it actually makes want to have a look at it again. You must say its not a nice way to start a movie... would've scared away half of those people who've read the novel.
Everybody, even if you don't get hold of the movie, make it a point to watch the song. Its sooooo full of crap it actually deserves a place on my blog ;)
Post a Comment