Time Travel



This might even suck at sucking.

Anyhow.



Time, wierdly, never goes at the right pace. Think about it, when was the last time you had just enough time to do everything planned, and ended up with exactly no time to spare? We're inevitably, either terribly bored or horribly busy. And how many times have you wanted to go back to change something you said or did? Accept it. Time travel is one of the most awaited inventions. Second perhaps only to the teleporter, but that's another story.



We haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory time machine yet, and my engineer mind cannot permit this fact to sink in without a thought. Now I'm no quantum major, and frankly speaking I haven't even done a basic course. But who said I couldn't give a theory (theories) on time-travel? I mean, everybody's doing it. I just lack the usual background.

My theories should, as planned, suck, but they're worth a try.

Like I mentioned, time never goes at the correct pace. This is because there are instances in the universe that either stretch or compress time in different proportions. Like vacations. Exams too. A clever exploitation of such loopholes can allow man to move across time with the desired pace.

* A very famous, but untested way is to cause a tide to wait. The goal is to make it wait long enough for someone who's gonna miss it due to a traffic jam or something. Proverbial paradox should then take care of time. Taken into one's own hands, things could get messy (and wet). So summon NASA for help. They love doing meaningless things. Pretty expensive, but it'll definitely stop time for some time (let me rethink that statement). Be ready with your assignments and home works.
PS. You could also try building Rome in a day, but that's strictly a one time affair and it doesn't really stop time.

* In his prime Einstein made a hypothesis which he personally didn't care much about. And if you don't have millions of dollars to spare I really recommend his methods to manipulate time. If you want to slow down time for squeezing in pending jobs and all, all you have to do is keep your hand on a hot stove. It should instantly turn minutes into hours, and as long as your hand is up there, you can do all the work you want at 60 times the normal speed. With one hand of course.
On the other hand if you want time to go faster, for all your ageing troubles, just go and sit with a pretty girl. This time around, the hours should come down to minutes. Don't look around too much because world moving so fast can sometimes make you dizzy, and no one likes to throw up in front of a pretty girl.


"Anjul knows a lot about time." - Albert Einstein

Einstein used his pretty girl method to comment.

If you feel disappointed by the complexity of these methods, there are many other methods for time travel, some of which might involve cooking a maggi at Nescafe in 2 minutes, calling on Satan for help, not peeing for days, and so on, but I guess now you can figure them out by yourself. I'm still trying to think how to go backwards in time, maybe I'll do it by next time. Or I might figure it out, then come back in time to edit this post while its still being written.

You never know.

10 comments:

Anand said...

f you feel disappointed by the complexity of these methods, there are many other methods for time travel, some of which might involve cooking a maggi at Nescafe in 2 minutes, calling on Satan for help, not peeing for days, and so on,

Try watching 3-4 TV serials by Ekta Kapoor on primetime television and you'll realize how slow time can be. Next, watch the re-runs of the same episodes at around 0200-0400 hours. That'll give you a good enough feeling of going back in time.

Well, on a more seious note, I fell that I also believe in that Nescafe experience, especially when its coupled with Einstein's pretty girl method.....although you rarely find them in IITD.

Tipsy Topsy said...

Loved the caption under Einstein's pic...LOL

Waiting for more of the original theories!

conufsed said...

try universe in a nutshell (stephen hawkings ) cudn't make much of it but guess u'll like it

AP said...

Thank God! I was almost worried this post wouldn't suck.

AP said...

@Conufsed: I've been hunting for that book for the last 3 yrs. The hardbound costs 940 bucks...sheesh!

AP said...

[Crap alarm]
@pradyot:
Another thing,
Let us for the sake of the argument(and crap) assume that time travel is possible. It is also safe to assume that it would be during the summers itself, probably one of these days, that you shall like to come back in time and stop me from making such a sucking post. We also know that Pradyot is spending his summers in Canada. I, on the other hand, am, in India, about 11644 kms from Pradyot.
Thus, apart from a travelling in time, you shall also need something to travel in space. A teleporter perhaps.

Stray Angel said...

ooh finally..some good crap :P

i know tht doesn't make sense but bear with me..i hv been studying maths!! *states it proudly as if it explains the absense of brain activity*

conufsed said...

@ Anjul
try Asun i took it from him...

AP said...

@wild1: Good crap never disappoints.

Why did u have to study maths? Was it an accident?

@conufsed: I'll do that...

Stray Angel said...

i wish!! i hv a paper tomorrow *cries hysterically*