Photoshop

Summers = Life - Games + Photoshop

Its a new hobby. And I've already started loving it.

I mean I've known photoshop and used it for years now. But only today I realized its raw power. All the following were made from scratch.

Click on the images to enlarge.

***
Title: Splash
Basically took 5 seconds to make it. This shows how easy things can get if you've got the right brushes.
Later edited the colour balance using Irfanview, a totally kickass image viewer.






***
Title: Lonely
Took about 40 mins to make this. I've just learned how to use the burn and dodge tools. Thats what I used to give texture to the grass, the sea and the sky. The reflection looks cool and demonstrates the use of opacity and the wonders it can do.





***
Title: Human
I know thats a pathetic way to name a drawing. But thats what I had planned to do - make a human. Anyways, here I experimented with using blended layers for rough sketches. Really helps when you're doing complex drawings. The shadow looks cool when done.





***

More later.

7 comments:

AP said...

Do you think the guy needs little changes on the face?

Also, are the hands too short?

Anonymous said...

the 'human' looks white, why?
anyway, good work; maybe you have something interesting to say about whether digital art shd be included in FAC/RCA or not.
-shalabh

AP said...

Nice question Shalabh. Well while making the face I had in mind the guy from Requiem for a dream. I even tried to copy the hair. It ended but pretty different, and of course, white.
The FAC secy is in my hostel itself and I've been eating his ears for including digital art for weeks now. Apparently since there are not many people in IIT (he feels so), he thinks he'd have to conduct a workshop before he actually introduces a competition. Anyway sooner or later its bound to appear.

Cavehanger said...

Nice work.
I like it.

Hope you can put more pics up soon. :-)

AP said...

I will, surely.
You should also keep checking my deviantart gallery, link is on the sidebar. I may not be able to post all my works here.

Ooh I feel co celebritish... thx for the flattery ppl. I'd love a critic too waise. Abhishek you were saying something about the arm...?

AP said...

summers too bad here in my hostel madiha, and my processor (p4 prescott) can't take its own breath-taking speed in these temperatures. It overheats usually in the afternoons.

Guess too much speed can be bad too :(

AP said...

max payne is a very famous game but even i didn't like it very much. i've played half of max playne 1 and i tried max payne 2 which i cudn't take.
so u better study hehe