I miss everything

Things are clearly not going the way they were expected.

I was supposed to read.

I was supposed to program.

Above all, I was supposed to sleep. My perfect one-week vacation plan now is just about down the drain.

I could rule out this by pointing out its only been two days home, but on a week's vacation, that's a third gone. All I've done is something I'm not exactly sure how to classify. Killing time comes the closest, but I really have little recollection of how I managed to do it, apart from the fact that I was in front of some meaningless electronic crap on a monitor that has now been up for two days straight.

I had some sort of a class reunion yesterday where I kinda had fun as I had seen all those people after a long time. Which was fun except for a few people's presence. We all killed time together, and the about the most meaningful thing we did was getting a free ice-cream courtesy Pizza hut, pretending one of us had a birthday. They're such innocent people, the Pizza hut guys. They sang a song for the acting birthday boy, too. I highly recommend this trick to anyone planning any visit to a Pizza hut in the near future, if there happens to be a crowd with them. They love throwing free ice creams. I'll tell you sometime about another free Pizza hut ice cream adventure I once had.

Yesterday we also had Navmi celebrations at our home which rocked royally due to the food I was given, although the earlier part of the morning saw me getting sacrificed before 10 small girls. Nothing more on that.

Today, I woke up the greetings of "Happy Dussehra" from the ever excited sisters of mine. They wish everybody everything. They even got "world second cousin's day" and "world pernicious anaemia day" up their sleeves I think. Anyway, a dussehra day usually ends up becoming highly uneventful until the evening, which it did in style today. I overslept during the afternoon and refused to wake up in the evening, and when I did and we managed to reach the grounds, we were greeted by three half burnt skeletons of bamboo and a hundred million people happily exiting the arena. We missed it.

So we had some arbit dinner and came back.

Warning: When eating Rumali Roti with Kathi Kabab, the Kabab stick should NOT to be mistaken for anything edible.

The bottom line is, I'm ruining my minute vacations and I know it as its happening. I still have time and though I have all things planned, I know I will, in most probability end up finishing none. And I think I need to remember this thing. I want to read this on Monday and call myself names for being such an ass. Of course I know this is hardly going to make any difference to the ass I am right now, it might just keep me in some good shape for some time.

No comments: