Nihilanth

Ok so as a rep I worked for Nihilanth - the second inter IIT-IIM quizzing fest. lotsa work. I learnt a lot about managing such things, taking up and completing responsibilities, and most of all, avoiding as much work as I could.

The most important thing about Nihilanth was the fact how it brought the entire QC together.... all reps, panel members and general QC enthusiasts came so close I guess for the first time in IITD. But, as I had anticipated long before we started working for it, most people crack at this juncture. Friendships turn into irritations, aquaintances into annoyances and associations into arguments. I had made a mental note to observe the behaviour of some particular people who I knew would go through this. All but one did. I respect the odd one much more now. Anyway, I tried to remain friends with them and in general stayed away coz I knew (and had seen) the consequences.

You could see the dislike on the faces of people, for those who had once been great friends. I don't think they shall ever be the same. I'm so glad I knew it was coming. Though it helped me avoid any such changes on my side, I also resent the fact that I could see it happening all the time in front of me, and I could do nothing to stop it. In this context you could conclude that ignorance is bliss. Not always though.

Anyway the fest went surprisingly well considering how un-accustomed all of us were to organizing such an event, and how small a team we had. I enjoyed each and every moment out there. Even if it implied missing most of BHM night, which I wouldn't have gone to anyway (I eventually did).

I missed a lot of sleep during the past 2 weeks. From tryst through nihilanth, I have mostly been a nocturnal who doesn't get a chance to sleep during the day. Going home today, I plan to finish at least one of the two tasks - the first being sleep, and second studying analog. I know which one I'm gonna :)

Work always keeps you occupied. You might not like it but try staying out of it for a while. You'll hate the feeling. Whenever, during the last fortnight, I found myself with no work, I couldn't do anything at all. I couldn't sleep, precisely because I needed to and had the time (Insomniac's paradox).

I guess if I go on further sleep will again be sacrificed.

Fav Quote Now:
Beware the fury of a patient man. ~John Dryden, Absolam and Achitophel, 1680
Fav Song Now:
The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

1 comment:

conufsed said...

"...Whenever I found myself with no work, I couldn't do anything at all...."
could go well for a one-liner !