Nihilanth II

In the last post I forgot to mention my first encounter with the word nihilanth. I first *met* nihilanth when i was playing the game half life. This is the name given to the last *dragon* or *boss* in this particular first person shoot-em-up - almost impossible to beat. This was about 4 yrs back when I was still in school. I loved the game then and I still admire it. Needless to say I was surprised to find out this is the name for the quizzing fest. And pretty excited to get to work for it. My initial impression of the fest thus remained game-like and I was expecting some revolutionary setup common to modern gaming fests, you know, f*** the system and all. Hehe, I was wrong when I got to know why the name was chosen for the fest. Nihilanth apparently stands for "the end of nothingness, the genesis of knowledge" - there went my dream of a rocking fest. I had to re-make the entire website (the new one's here) from the devil's chamber to a knowledge garden. All I know is if someone now mentions the word "nihilanth", its not the game i think about.

Fav Quote Now:
Being beaten is often a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it
permanent


No comments: