Ok these are the things i noticed and learned about life during the past five days:
- NEVER try to make a fashion statement by wearing shorts in a DTC bus when you are 70% purple due to uninvited holi celebrations. Delhi knows how to have fun at the expense of purple boys in shorts.
- Mom's A-L-W-A-Y-S right (don't ask)
- Holi can be fun even if you sleep through it.
- Never dare a sister.
- Don't take homework to a mid-sem. Especially after exams. Its only extra luggage.
- You CAN get bored of sleeping.
Fun things to do during poltu (politics) season:
- start talking loudly about poltu in front of ppl who are involved just to see how embarassed they can get. Its gonna be real fun I tell you.
- anyone who comes to campaign, ask the name of their opponent and vow in the name of God in front of them that you'll vote for the opponent. See the look on their face. A camera would be great help.
- ask questions like.... "how ?", "please repeat", "you're not audible","what's the meaning of..." in SOP box.
No more poltu on the blog I promise.
Lets talk books. I'm assuming I still have someone with guts and stamina to read so far.
I'm reading this book by Paulo Coelho

Nice book till now. I'm more than halfway through and I think in a position to comment on the author's writing style. For someone who tries to make a statement with every word he says, he's not bad at all. In this particular book he's tried to define and redefine love again and again from the pov of a prostitute.... nice idea but more comments only when I'm done (as if they're important)
Now I must get down to the fm transmitter presentation due tuesday.
That's all folks.
Anjul (sorry for this really crappy post)
Fav Quote Now:
That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it.
from Eleven Minutes, by Paulo Coelho (he deserves it)
Fav Song Now:
Tum bin - Tum bin (yeah yeah, I listen to hindi songs too.)
9 comments:
Good to see that someone's enjoying the season.
And you should try playing Holi in the hostel once...you'll stop all cribbing then
Arnav
That's a great book. Much better than the Alchemist, IMHO.
@arnav:
CORRECTION: i did not know that reps are not supposed to enjoi the season X-(
funny how opinions change in a night.
also I've seen the aftermaths of hostel holi and i think i was much better asleep :D
@animesh:
I still have to read alchemist, though this is great book anyway.
Only stupid people sleep thru holi :P
@Pradyot:
don't call me mean.... X-(
ok so who called me stupid?
the day i get 4 comments is the one ppl start calling me mean and stupid.
mmm....i like it !
this book is lot more better than that alchemist one. iseriously feel that alchemist is highly overrated, but on the other hand 11 mins is one of the most baeutiful books tht i hav read on luv.
try life of pi and also 'the curious incident of the dog in the night time' these two are the best books tht i hav read this yr.
bbye
you know who i'm going to bug for these books :)
thx for the advice.
yeah, really good book. i like the way he(coelho) redefines love at each step.
Post a Comment