People cribbed so much about Salaam-e-Ishq I just had to see it. People cribbed so much, that I was prepared too. Hence, I just came from the show and have never had more fun in a theatre. The movie rocks!
Someone was always laughing regardless of the screen contents. A few lost their emotions, guess all that romantic drama isn't suitable for the weak of heart. Aunty Dhingra made another appearance, frowning disgustedly at the sexual innuendo. Brigadier Rathore was around too, and when it got too long and boring (at around 3.3 hours into the movie), he decided to make a move. He didn't anyway catch all the jokes. His son did though, but I'm sure he was better off doing anything other than exploding at every third joke (and every non-joke).
Following the interval we switched seats to the front row, which was mostly empty. Unlimited leg room and freedom to laugh as hard as we could. And we did. We stretched as far as those seats could take us, and we laughed with the joy of a last movie. No Norwegian tourist/aunty Shukla/Giridhar Punjabi could make us shut up. We were on the brink of dancing in front of the screen.
I caught some Andaz Apna Apna undertone too, but you don't need to know that.
No comments:
Post a Comment