For a change, a week that wasn't really depressing. Got a lot of things done, namely some tangible stuff in BTP, recommendations for IIMB, data mining update, and many more. Have several million more tasks for the weekend, but I chose to ditch them for a king's 2 days here at home.

Again there are the things I gotta do at home, dabbling with Bryce being the order this time around. And to pass time while the sluggish raytracer takes another century to finish the scene, I choose to write this. 86%

Bryce and 3Ds max are very different - kinda like Windows and Linux. In that order. Bryce is for kids, works everytime, needs no extra brains, experience, and all that crap. 3DS Max, on the other hand, lets you tinker with the smallest detail possible, and really, you can't get anything done unless you do exactly that. Needlessly, I prefer Bryce. The furthest I got with my 3DS attempt was a rough excuse for a textured ellipsoid, that won't even cut itself properly. And almost one tree. I came home and used Bryce, finished the funky house, five trees, several bushes, a sky, and even a commode, in just under 5 hours. And now the renderer is taking millenia. 91%

I also have lots of places to visit starting a few hours from now. I should sleep. 97%

Ok done. Looks fine, hopefully will do the job. I'm now scheduling another trace while I sleep in peace. Who knows, it might be finished by the time I wake up for my fortieth birthday.

No comments: