M came for a PPT yesterday. Was sincerely baffled by the seriousness some students had for it. I'm sure 90% of those looking at a shot have no idea what the company really does. Most of them don't even care. Its so stupid now with all the i-banks and consultancies and analyst firms and finance things, nobody's really thinking about themselves. They're going where everybody else is. I don't blame the mass for it, I feel they really have little choice, what fucks my mind up is the lack of genuineness in people who have a sufficient claim at intellect. Sad to see 1) talent being wasted, 2) talent being misused.
M says most of its employees quit in 2-3 years. This is the epitome of stupidity. Of ours. Nothing, really, nothing justifies opting for such a company if you're going to change a mere 2 years down the line (with proven evidence). Its like a paid MBA programme without as much as a degree.
In the flow of things I also ended up talking to a couple of M-ites. A new recruit and an ex-employee, now a CEO for some startup. The new recruit used to be a well settled and directed research (well, a masters at least) candidate. He prepared for it "three and a half years" and ditched it when he finally succeeded. The ex-employee mentioned how after working a few years he realized he had not been doing what he loved, and hence moved on. I think this talks volumes about ourselves, doesn't it? I have no idea where both of them will be ten years down the line, but I'm sure of what they will not be.
What's more, I might even sit for the bloody company (or not).
No comments:
Post a Comment