!

There are still lots of days left but I won't get such free time again to write all this. Bangalore hasn't exactly been the place of my dreams. Fortunately though, I'm sure it hasn't been any short. Coming here for an internship for me meant working on something I've seen myself do for years now. And since that hasn't yet happened, for reasons beyond mine or anybody else's control for that matter, I'm largely unsatisfied.

I've done everything else a guy my age might want to do. Time here for the last two months has been a roller coaster ride, assuming I love roller coaster rides. There's been infinite time and money, and I can say with pride I've lavishly wasted both - can't imagine myself having such a vacation ever again - and there have been many people around me with the same (almost) money and time, and the willingness to waste them. I'm sure they will never be as close to me when we get back to our college 2 weeks from now.

I go back to a life full of lectures and tutorials and practicals and minors and most importantly, GRE, and no time, and no money (compared to now). I can't say I don't miss that - for my advance nostalgia at leaving my college one year from now has already taken birth, but at present there's no reason to look forward to it. I find it easier to convince myself two weeks will last long enough - to maybe get bored of all this and actually want to go back - or to maybe finish all those wordlists before I get on my kingfisher IT206. Now that's another story.

So I've been to more trips and mini-vacations than I've ever been to in my life. I've had more meals outside than the number of restaurants I've been to before this. I've found friends in people I might have hated before. In more ways than one I've lived the chunk of my life here. Almost.

And although all this fancy-stuff-part-of-a-fairy-tail isn't by any metrics over, I can see I'm done with it already. But for all it has been, I'll remember it, and maybe narrate these times to my unwilling grandsons a million years in the future..

No comments: