So the guest house where I'm currently put up has this cupboard which has this key which is pretty weird. Its got special properties I suspect are there just to make it more secure and, well, more useful. To begin with it never opens/closes the lock at the same level of insertion. The randomness of this insertion level is a direct function of my desperation to get something out of my cupboard. Its also a bit too sharp, so I avoid keeping it in my already fragile pocket.
There are two servants in the guest house that do the cooking for me. Breakfast, at least. They're pretty weird too. I feel like medusa around them. Spotting me within 2 meters of them they flee towards the nearest enclosure and make a point to ensure they never cross my line of sight. The other day one of them got drunk and couldn't stop apologizing. I must agree, though, that the breakfast is awesome. I don't think I can get enough of peanut butter.
The day I came here it seems the television stopped airing anything remotely interesting. The only things worthwhile I've spotted in my 5 days of residence, equivalent to about 30 hours in front of the TV here include an episode of Seinfeld, two half episodes of friends, a half who's line is it anyway and a couple of AXNs believe it or not genre of shows. Twice I fell asleep with the television switched on and woke up close to dawn to the sounds of Kannada (or Tamil or Telugu or Malayali) music with jumping Kannada (or Tamil or Telugu or Malayali) actors and actresses. Its interesting to note, btw, how easy it must be getting a break in south Indian movies if you happen to be a female. There are no restrictions. Any size, any colour, you're there. You need not know dances either. Just jump woman.
The rain's been testing my patience for a bit too long now. I got wet the second time yesterday. And its effect on my health is showing. I feel damn sleepy. Gotta get a house soon. I'm out of my guesthouse in 3 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment