Trystworthy

Sorry for being so dormant. To start things, I was held back by this (see 2 posts below for lesser details):



Our Tech fest just finished. I am generally enthusiastic about tech fests so I was busy preparing for the various events. As my policy has been over the last few tech fests I ty to stay away from any sort of robotics events. This time some clever people pulled me into this. And look what happened.

For the last 10 days there hasn't been much of sleep, food or studies. Much of anything apart from motors and gears and drills in fact.

This "mean looking machine" (comments by a female chink judge) has, apart from covering us in all sorts of adhesives, grease and general garbage, taught us lots of stuff about mechanics and engineering in general. It also taught us how the workshop course we so innocently neglected in first year was so important for such things.

Details apart. We won second prize. The four of us :- Tushar, Mayank, me and Prateek. Lots of cash in our pockets in addition to the satisfaction.

I am very excited. I will never make a robot again.

The fancy thing you see in the photograph is a wood structure with two huge wheels on the sides run by proportionally small motors with compensating gear attachments, two castorwheels held by a metal chassis in the front, a metal arm with all sorts of sharp edges and pins and two rotating blades with a couple of pins for extra damage. All we had to do was burst a few balloons.

The ugly thing on the top is the remote I used to control the machine. All credits to Tushar for the grooming. He loves insulating tape.

The legs on your left are mine. The other pair belongs to Tushar.

I also ended third in a tech quiz.

Last night I was so tired I almost collapsed. Wait. I actually did.

No comments: