Now that's a software that demands at least a look.
http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/
Nice concept. Didn't realise initially it can only identify music being "played" and not being "hummed" or "sung". After wasting some 15 minutes doing precisely that, getting repeatedly frustrated reading error messages claiming the signal to be "too weak", hence singing loudly and clearly each time expecting it to churn out "Kiss from a rose" effectively identifying my baritone, I almost gave up when I thrust the mic into my speakers playing some Scorpions number, which the software, surprisingly, identified.
Almost losing faith in any singing skills I believed myself to have, I read the software's FAQ, which cleared my doubts.
So far Tunatic has identified all songs I played on my PC.
Nice hack I thought, with renewed faith in my singing ability, catching Winamp data and displaying it as such. So I made it listen to a song with wrong ID3 tag and filename which it identified correctly. Cool stuff what say?
Do check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment