This is an arbit post.

As it happens I've got a quiz tomorrow and I'm rather bored with the poynting vector so this is an arbit post. Keeping in mind the arbitness of this blog this makes it double arbit. Triple if you take into account the person who wrote this.

I recently installed gtalk. Got 3 invites the day it was launched. Looks like google is all set to take over the internet. I heard it plans to buy out skype soon. Do we see another Microsoft in the making? Whatever its fate as a company may be, we're sure gonna see lots more of free good stuff in the near future. So its hail google for some time now. I wonder what one must come up with to kick it in the face.
I can't use it for the time being because I can't figure out how to configure the freakin microphone. Its either disabled somewhere I cannot find or the slot on my soundcard has gone bad. Both ways it'll take some time before I can. Tried talking to a friend in IIIT Hyderabad, one way with him talking. Realised anything beyond dear ol' yahoo messenger is enough to bring the IIT internet down on its knees. Even with the proxy tunneling fix it sucked. Good to see I'm not missing much.
Although I've heard the inter hostel thing's worthwhile.

Mental note: Check audio in slot with a live CD.

I need to tunnel streaming video data through the IIT servers. The ports open (afaik) are 80, 21, 22, 23, 443 etc. If anybody knows how to use any webcam/video streaming software through a firewall please let me know. So far I've tried Microsoft Portrait, Yahoo and MSN. I think VPN could be of help but I need some input on how exactly it will work.

They're playing CS on TV. Its called Games Bond and its on Star One. At first thought it seemed a great idea but then I saw "Ghatkopar warriors"(in blue military wear with matching caps) vs "extremists"(black t shirts with military trousers and faces with black paint marks). The organisers invented some rules too. In one of them the winning captain is required to choose a player from each of the teams to eliminate before the next round. Nice idea, but you NEVER do such things with CS. Its not fun with 3 players on a team. The eliminated as well as the captains are interviewed after each round to express their emotions/feelings on the current game progress. Almost as irritating as kamzor kadi kaun. The extremists won the semi finals, putting the ghatkopar warriors in the "hall of shame". Gimme a break.

Oh, in case you're wondering, CS is Counter Strike.

Now I feel I've killed enough time to feel guilty and start studying.

PS. Minors are up this week. Somehow, they always turn up when you least want them to. And by some strange logic IIT believes having 2 exams per day per student is a really good idea.

4 comments:

obelix said...

hehe started using arbit / arbid eh ...

gtalk rox

Phoenix said...

everyone ALWAYS has enough time to kill, during exams....

AP said...

arbit is more iit than iiit

obelix said...

blah ...

besides having all ur exams in 1 day is way b8r than having them stretched out over a week or 10 days